Volunteer and Help Others
2,000 years ago Jesus said "Feed My Sheep." We believe he meant more than just food. He also meant Love, caring & compassion. As such the SoupMobile is always in need of compassionate & enthusiastic volunteers.
The SoupMobile has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities and we welcome individuals, families, Church groups, businesses and other organizations.
- Feeding the homeless: Come & join the SoupMan & his fabulous SoupTeam as we serve food to the homeless in our outdoor mobile feeding operation. It’s a totally unique experience & your heart will be touched as it’s never been before.
- Food preparation: Assist our Head Chef in cooking meals for the homeless.
- Office help: Answer phones, conduct internet research, file forms, greet volunteers.
- Warehouse workers: Help the SoupMobile move tons of food in & out of our warehouse to feed the homeless.
- SoupMobile Thrift Store: Volunteering at the SoupMobile Thrift Store is both meaningful and fun. Along with our regular store patrons, many homeless men and women come into the store and we focus on blessing and ministering to them when they visit.
- Cookie Packing Party: We encourage groups, families, churches and schools to bag up cookies that the SoupMobile can distribute to the homeless. You provide all the fixin's & love and have the cookie packing party at your location.
To volunteer with the SoupMobile, you must be at least age 21 years of age.
However, those under the age of 21 may be able to volunteer at the SoupMobile under certain special circumstances, if they:
- Have been pre-approved
- Are accompanied by a parent or guardian, and
- Have an appointment on our volunteer calendar.
Please no volunteers under the age of 12 — our facility is not an appropriate place for young children and toddlers.
Special Note From The SoupMan
As the Executive Director of the SoupMobile since 2003, I am reminded every day that 'Good Works Don't Come Free.' No matter how you slice the cake it takes real dollars to run a non-profit charity. We want you to know that the SoupMobile does not receive any City, State or Federal funding. We are a stand-alone charity that relies on financial help from individuals, businesses, and foundations.
So while we deeply value our volunteers, it's important that you understand that we need more. I am fully aware that many people think that the giving of their volunteer time is more than enough. And for some charities that receive major federal funding, your volunteer time alone may be enough.
However, for the SoupMobile it’s a different story. We need both your volunteer help and your financial assistance. How much financial help you ask? It could be as little as One Dollar or as much as One Million Dollars or anywhere in between. All I am asking is that you recognize that for a stand-alone charity like the SoupMobile, 'Good Works Don't Come Free.'
So whether it's One Dollar or One Million Dollars, please give prayerful consideration to both volunteering AND making a financial donation to the SoupMobile.